Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"...um, no it's fine, you're not bothering me!"

Today I went to the Walmart to do some Christmas shopping and came upon a setup in the middle of an aisle. The bin was full of the little wax melts, which are the latest in olfactory enjoyment this season. There was a woman standing there and I said "oh these are so wonderful!" (I have them all over my house, which of course, I informed her.)  She made the unfortunate mistake of saying "Oh, are they?" Well...what was I to do??? So I explained all the different melting pots they have and the ones that plug into the wall, which are a waste of money. Then I informed her that Kirkland has a lot of different scents that are 'to die for'.  I just went on and on...I don't know what was wrong with me. We all know I like to talk, but this was unusual, ever for me.  At one point, I heard myself babbling and I said "oh, I'm sorry for bothering you, I'm just talking your head off!" To which she unwisely responded "Um...no, it's fine, you're not bothering me."  The "um" should have been a red flag to me, but in the state I am in, positively brimming with Christmas cheer, I remained oblivious to her, what was probably obvious, discomfort!

As I went along my day, from store to store, the story was repeated time and time again. On occasion I found a few people who met my enthusiasm with more of their own.  The women at the Subway where I had lunch were so friendly and cheerful, it was refreshing. And the gentleman at Academy also seemed to be infected with the Christmas Spirit.  However, along the way, I came in contact with a Grinch or two, but I was not to be deterred!  The Christmas season is just too short this year and I cannot contain my excitement!  So, if you live in the Shreveport/Bossier area, and you come across a woman who seems positively maniacal with a festive spirit, please just smile nicely and walk away...otherwise, you may end up standing in the aisle listening to that woman talk your ear off about something you find completely uninteresting! Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment